We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions please

Dayton, Ohio
8 posts
Save Topic
suggestions please

My family and I are traveling to Seagrove Beach this weekend and staying at Cassine Gardens. Our children are ages 13, 10, and 2yrs. We'd like to take the kids out to a nice restaurant with a great ocean view. Any suggestions that are family friendly?

We'd also like a recommendation for a good dolphin viewing boat ride. This is our first time visiting the area and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the info online. Any other activity suggestions (other than beach time and bike rentals which I know we'll spend alot of time doing) that give us an idea of local life, less touristy type stuff? We love finding the hidden local treasures. Thanks in advance!

Denver,CO
Level Contributor
308 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions please

There aren't too many restaurants on Hwy 30A right on the water. However, nearby in Seaside there are some places to eat such as Bud and Ally's that are on the water. We have family reunions down there every year. Our kids are older now, so we really just relax on the beach with a nice beverage ;) When they were younger, they would like to go to Big Kahuna Water Park. http://www.bigkahunas.com/ We enjoy walking around and eating at Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin http://www.baytownewharf.com/ There is a nice movie theater by the Mid-Bay bridge. And if it's raining, we will go to the Silver Sands Factory Outlets www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp… I'm not sure about dolphin tours. Sorry I can't tell you about "local treasures" I live in Colorado :)

Dayton, Ohio
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions please

Thanks micktooth! I've added Bud and Ally's to our list and Baytowne Wharf looks like someplace all the kids would enjoy. I have no doubt my daughter will want to hit the outlets!

Denver,CO
Level Contributor
308 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions please

You can also go to www.visitsouthwalton.com There is some good info there on things to do, not all of them touristy. Have a great time! One side note, with July4th coming up, many places are going to be very crowded!

NOLA
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions please

This past May our 14 year took surf lessons from MOJO surf company out of PCB and LOVED it! Marcus is excellent and he comes to the beach nearest you. We are going back next month and have already scheduled him again. You can also reserve boards, $20 daily. Our son surfed three more days.

I haved used tripshock.com to find other area activities. We found a deep sea fishing trip through that site.

Fish out of Water at Watercolor Inn has ocean view dining as well.

Florida
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions please

Check out 723 Whiskey Bravo just east of 395 on 30A in Seagrove. The last time I was there they had great views from their rooftop dining area. They tore down the old Seagrove Villas Motel property in front of it and will eventually build something, but at least until then they'll have an unobstructed view.

6. Re: suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 29, 2014