We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice for family

Kansas City
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Need advice for family

We will be in the Sarasota area in March for 4 days w/ our 3 kids. We are looking for accomodations that would be a condo set-up on a great beach. We would like to stay somewhere that has restaurants close by, that are fun and kid friendly. We are flying out of Tampa, so we could stay anywhere that is within an hour to hour and 1/2 from there ( we had just heard that Sarasota would be nicer.) Thanks!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,582 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice for family

Siesta Key is very family and kid friendly.

You would probably enjoy Siesta Key. You can view a variety of condos for rent on www.vrbo.com and www.siesta4rent.com.

There are restaurants in the Crescent Beach area and there is an area called Siesta Village not far away.

The beaches are wonderful with many water activiites for kids.

There are also great parks with wildlife and walking/bike paths.

Myakka State Park has a boat ride to view alligators etc.

Many condos have a minimum rental period during high season.

I would click on attractions at the top of this page and I would view the forums on the Siesta Key TA page.

Your kids will love it here,

~SRQgirl

Kansas City
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice for family

Thank you for the GREAT info...............now, the trick is finding a place that will rent to us for 4 nights, March 19th -22! I have been online all day searching ( my family is wondering if I am going to come out of the office to feed them!) Thanks again.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,582 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice for family

On the Siesta Key TA forum page, a poster mentions a website :

www.siestadreams.com

She rented a place that fit her requirements. The contact name at siestadreams is Lori.

You can give that a try as well.

~SRQgirl

Kansas City
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice for family

I tried the siestadreams website.....not sure if that is the right web address. I contacted a realtor that did not do vacation rentals. There is availability at Tropical Breeze Resort and Banana Bay Club ( The Beach House), not waterside. Which one do you think would be better? Thank you

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,582 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advice for family

I would go to the Siesta Key TA page and read the review for Tropical Breeze when you click on the hotel heading at the top of the page. The location is good because you are by the Siesta Key Village. You would be going to Siesta Beach. Not all units are on the beach. Their website has a site map, so you can see the locations.

Banana Bay Club is on Crescent Beach, which most agree is the nicest. There are mixed reviews for the units on the Sarasota TA page. I would check them out.

Another option in the Tropical Shores Resort on Crescent Beach.

They have efficiency units and the complex is very kid friendly.

~SRQgirl

MN
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advice for family

Lori is a realtor but if you contact her she does rentals too. She may have something she may not but it is worth sending her an email. Tell her you came from this forum. Siestadreams@aol.com

7. Re: Need advice for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:24 am, August 27, 2009