We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to rent for 1 week, close to shopping in Sarasota?

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Want to rent for 1 week, close to shopping in Sarasota?

My husband and I are semi retired and looking to try out the west coast side of Florida before deciding where we would permanently choose a spot to retire.

Everyone says to try the Sarasota side.

We are looking for an area that is close to shopping, restaurants and beach area.. any ideas where i even begin to look?

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,388 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to rent for 1 week, close to shopping in Sarasota?

I think you might want to look at a map of the area. Sarasota does not have beaches. All beaches are located on our barrier islands. Siesta Key, Longboat Key, Lido Key. Lido Key is the closest to downtown Sarasota and has St. Armands Circle.

What type of shopping are you looking for? malls, grocery stores etc?

How much do you want to spend for the rental for a week? when will you be visiting?

www.visitsarasota.org

As far as considering a permanent housing situation, there is a wide price range..waterfront homes going for a big premium.

www.realtor.com

~SRQgirl

Edited: 7:49 am, July 04, 2014
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to rent for 1 week, close to shopping in Sarasota?

If you are not too tied up to Sarasota, I would also suggest that you had a look at Rotonda - It is in reach of great shopping (Port Charlotte, Venice and Sarasota) - not overcrowded at anytime but has a great community spirit, and there are some beautiful beaches within a very short drive. We rented a villa last year there through Homeaway.com - fell in love with the Gulf side and are now coming back again this year.

Edited: 4:03 am, July 06, 2014
3. Re: Want to rent for 1 week, close to shopping in Sarasota?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 08, 2015