We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

I haven't seen any recent posts on this topic. What is the cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Fun 'n Sun in Sarasota?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

By renting a car I would think. Esp if more than one person?

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,628 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

You can get a 1 way rental car form TPA...try Budget or Enterprise..

there are others.

There aren't any shuttles etc.

A private driver would be around $90-$100 plus tip.

~SRQgirl

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,367 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

limosarasotaflorida.com/West_Florida_Limousi… @ $99

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,628 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

I have used Courtesy Executive Sedans since 1988. Great rates.

941-954-1970 Owner, Steve Barnes, is very reliable.

fivebuccs@aol.com

CESEDANS.com

Highly recommend.

A rental car is still less expensive if you want to drive yourself.

~SRQgirl

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

Thanks. I am on my own, so a share ride would be best, but I am not seeing anything for that. One way car rentals are around $100 per day. Ouch! However, I went on Priceline and saw $39 for a one-way. Does anyinw have any experience with them?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

I have used PL for cars, but not at TPA. You could possibly (dont' know) get off AP which can be time/trouble. But could be worth it pricewise.

If your flight times allow, i'd look into it.

Think about doing PL reserach on the usual websites like betterbidding, and biddingfortravel.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,367 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

Sometimes cheaper is just cheap!. A limo is door to door. With a rental you have to get the rental and return the rental...where? And how do you get back to your abode in Sarasota?...all this takes time

Take one of SRQ's limo suggestions!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,628 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

What date are you looking for? If high season, that might be the reason.

I looked at Enterprise with a pick up at TPA and a drop off at Enterprise on Fruitville Rd. (where Sun n Fun is located...one way rental..no way is it $100. The date you arrive??

www.enterprise.com

Many people use Priceline..

If you want a luxury sedan driver email/call Courtesy.

~SRQgirl

Maryland
Level Contributor
395 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

I would Rent a car from Tampa airport. You will need a car anyway there is so much to do in the area. Contact your car insurance company to find out what your coverage is for a rental. I say this because the car rental clerks can be BRUTAL at this airport in trying to sell you extra coverage. I just had one a few weeks ago sneak in an insurance by telling me Dollar had a special deal with my insurance company that they wont cover loss of use on their cars... He tried to make me think I HAD to have this insurance. I finally realized he was trying to bamboozle me. I also had a clerk from Enterprise get belligerent with us for not taking all the insurances and the prepay fuel. So do your homework when it comes to renting cars from TPA

Bring your Garmin or your own GPS it will come in very handy. Sarasota is not difficult to navigate in, but it's good to have.

Go to carrentals.com, you can reserve a car then keep checking rates daily or every few days. They will return rates from all companies that rent cars in the area. Stick with a company that rents from the airport and not an offsite location. The rates fluctuate a lot. If you find a better rate get it and cancel the previous reservation. I got a small suv for $17 a day.

good luck

10. Re: Cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Sarasota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sarasota