We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarasora / Bradenton Airport

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Sarasora / Bradenton Airport

I have been reading about Sarasota / Bradenton Airport declining passenger numbers.

I looked into booking a flight from Glasgow, Scotland, with US Airways via Philadelphia. It worked out $200 more to fly into Sarasota, than into Tampa, maybe that is the reason the numbers are declining

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,465 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarasora / Bradenton Airport

supply and demand.

Less demand=higher price.

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarasora / Bradenton Airport

We love flying in and out of Sarasota, and do so whenever we can. The airport is smaller, much easier to navigate, and very pleasant. I would like to encourage others to do the same, and maybe we can get more flights in and out of Sarasota, at better prices….

Victor, New York
Level Contributor
405 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarasora / Bradenton Airport

Not only have we found the airfare about $150 - $200 per flight from upstate NY to SRQ but also the car rental prices in Tampa are usually over $100 / week cheaper that SRQ.

That is why we always fly into Tampa - saving over $500 for the 2 of us for the week on airfare & car rental = a lot more $$ for dinners/happy hours!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,983 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarasora / Bradenton Airport

I always look at SRQ (as it is closer to my house than TPA or RSW) but it is always much more.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,167 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarasora / Bradenton Airport

Up until a couple of years ago , we always flew in and out of TPA. They are a larger center with a greater number of Airlines etc...This allows for more competitive pricing....on all levels...flights , car rentals, lodging.

SRQ has been our destination however of late....due to some routing changes from where we live. It is perfect.....so convenient to arrive right near where you will stay.Travel day is always long no matter how far you travel....so arriving near Siesta Key is a bonus.

There is less commotion overall at the baggage claim, car rental desks etc.Fingers crossed this routing will remain an option for us.We will continue to take it...even if it prices out a bit higher.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sarasora / Bradenton Airport

I fly in and out of tampa as much as I can because they have the most direct flights. You can drive less and pay more for Sarasota airport, but odds are you will spend more time in Atlanta, Charlotte or some other airport than I will on the road to Tampa! Plus, I don't have to catch a connection!

7. Re: Sarasora / Bradenton Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 29, 2014