We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Van Wezel

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
29 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Van Wezel

Looking for restaurant suggestions near Van Wezel. My wife and I are going to Les Mis this Tuesday and would like something fairly close. We are coming from Anna Maria. Thanks.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,379 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Van Wezel

An easy walk south of VW is a marina, Marina Jacks, which has a restaurant:

http://www.marinajacks.com/

Otherwise immediately opposite the marina across from hwy 41 you will see a sign for Main Street. If you go along Main Street, kind of a quaint area, there are several small restaurants.

Or if you cross the causeway to Lido Key, less than 2 miles, there are restaurants at St. Armands Circle.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,178 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Van Wezel

Since you will have a car, you have lots of choices.

Any particular cuisine or price point?

Many options in the downtown area.

www.freshoriginals.com

www.dinesarasota.com

Marina Jacks is not exactly a block away. I don't consider it in walking distance for most people.

~SRQgirl

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Van Wezel

The only two places within walking distance would be the restaurants in the Hyatt or in the Hotel Indigo, both within a block of the Van Wezel. Neither are known for their great food or dining facility, though. Close by, less than 4 minutes by car, is a nice range of options: Broadway Bar (10th and Coconut) for super pizza; Darwin's (4th and Lemon) for fantastic, but pricey, Peruvian food; Cafe Epicure (Palm and Main) for informal, inexpensive Italian food; Bijou (1st and Pineapple) for outstanding, but pricey, French/Continental food; and Duval's (1435 Main) for terrific seafood that is creatively presented.

Leave plenty of time to get from AMI down to Sarasota. The traffic coming over the bridge to the mainland at this time of year is typically backed up all the way to St. Armands.

Sarasota, Fl
Level Contributor
246 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Van Wezel

Mattison's serves dinner at the VanWezel before most shows. Expensive, but food is excellent! Check it out by calling the theater.

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Van Wezel

How much do you want to spend? I agree that Marina Jack's is not walking distance, unless you really like to walk. It is probably 10 blocks away, and not all that great. I agree with cbchrc's suggestions for downtown dining (except I don;'t like Duvals...lol). I would try to make a reservation as restaurants are crowded this time of year.

6. Re: Restaurant near Van Wezel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 06, 2014