We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extremely Good Seafood Restaurant Close to Siesta Key

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, OH
9 posts
Save Topic
Extremely Good Seafood Restaurant Close to Siesta Key

My husband and I are doing a quick trip to Siesta Key May 24-29. I'm looking to find out your opinions on some of the best Seafood Restaurants near Siesta Key. Thanks.

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extremely Good Seafood Restaurant Close to Siesta Key

The best in town is Barnacle Bill's Seafood. There is a Main St. location Downtown which is new and trendy, there is the original location at the corner of Beneva & Webber which is quaint & original/older, and there is a new location in the Palmer Ranch area if you're staying on the South end of the Key. Not cheap (about $25 and up per entree) but the best seafood in town period! Hope this helps.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extremely Good Seafood Restaurant Close to Siesta Key

I agree with Barnacle Bills.

I would also recommend the Spanish Point Pub and Marina. It is directly on Sarasota Bay in a town called Osprey. Short drive south od Siesta. Good seafood with a view.

The Bonefrish Grill on US 41 is also a favorite.

TN
Level Contributor
125 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extremely Good Seafood Restaurant Close to Siesta Key

We enjoy Blase Cafe in SK Village for something unique. Small but good food and a funky atmosphere.

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
164 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extremely Good Seafood Restaurant Close to Siesta Key

I enthusiastically agree with Blase Cafe. Great, great food. Love the atmosphere.

Sarasota
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extremely Good Seafood Restaurant Close to Siesta Key

Sarasota has some fantastic seafood restaurants. Check out Maximo's, Blase, Ophelia's and Turtles on Siesta Key. In Sarasota I like Marina Jacks and the Bijou Cafe. I have been to Barnicle Bills twice for lunch and was dissapointed both times. I hope this helps!

Sarasota
Level Contributor
39 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extremely Good Seafood Restaurant Close to Siesta Key

There is also the Phillippi Creek Oyster Bar, on Highway 41(South Tamiami Trail), right on the Creek; it's a mile or so north on the Trail as you come off the South Bridge from SK. Funky, "old-time Florida" place with great food and their steam pots are huge.

TN
Level Contributor
125 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extremely Good Seafood Restaurant Close to Siesta Key

Phillippi Creek is a favorite when our extended family goes to SK. Everybody can always find something they like there. I love their spicy boiled shrimp.

The last time we ate at Turtles, it was not as good as it had been on previous visits. Might just have been an off night. They do have very reasonable "early bird" specials if price is a consideration.

8. Re: Extremely Good Seafood Restaurant Close to Siesta Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 12, 2009