We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time - Siesta Key or Longboat Key?

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First Time - Siesta Key or Longboat Key?

Husband and I will visit Sarasota for the first time this November. We think we want to stay in Siesta Key or Longboat Key. Will be just the two of us, no kids, 50 yoa, We love the beach, good restaurants (casual or fine dining) , aren't late-nighters but are active. Could someone compare or provide insight as to Siesta vs Longboat and which would be the best choice for us? Thank you!

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First Time - Siesta Key or Longboat Key?

Siesta Key has the Key West vibe, and has much more of a beach feel. Longboat Key has more of the "golf resort" feel. 50 is an interesting age in Sarasota, because on Longboat Key, you will feel very young, however on Siesta Key, you will fit right in. Parking on Siesta Key is difficult if you're not staying there (especially in tourist season), so having your own place is a big plus, and you can always drive and park for restaurants and shopping on St. Armands.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First Time - Siesta Key or Longboat Key?

We (both 50's) are fortunate to have a second home in Fl - we usually enjoy a trip to Siesta Key. I believe, and think I am right in saying that the 'sand' here is actually 99% quartz and rated No1 beach.

Have you looked at Florida guide to beaches on the net?

Either way I am sure you will not be disappointed at this lovely spot.

Good luck

Christine

Edited: 12:52 pm, August 15, 2012
Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
114 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First Time - Siesta Key or Longboat Key?

FlaHockeyFan hit the nail on the head......and nicely put! I agree 100 percent.

14. Re: First Time - Siesta Key or Longboat Key?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sarasota