We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Beach Club Sarasota

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Ritz Beach Club Sarasota

We are booking a wedding at the ritz beach club for this November. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of the place as to what it will be like as we are in the uk.

Please note its not at the hotel it's actually at the beach club. The ceremony is on the beach and then we will dine on the sunset terrace. My question is whether the beach club is upmarket and nice or a lot more casual than the actual ritz hotel as I can't really find any pictures of indoors or anything.

Also any ideas on how busy the beach will be - don't really want our ceremony raided by screaming kids and topless sunbathers etc!

Any help and advice appreciated

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz Beach Club Sarasota

The Ritz Beach Club is upscale and private. Nude sunbathing is illegal and in November there won't be lots of screaming kids.

There are many great reviews for the Hotel and Beach Club on TA.

Look under "Hotels".

I am assuming you have already made arrangements with the Ritz for this wedding. Their food is very good.

Wonderful location.

~SRQgirl

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz Beach Club Sarasota

Thanks SRQgirl - Yes, we have made arrangements with them but as we are in the UK we have very little to go. We can't really find many photo's and although the hotel looks great, we can't really find anything about the beach club which is apparently totally separate and around three miles away! The whole reception, meal, ceremony will all be at the beach club.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz Beach Club Sarasota

As you know, the Ritz is located in downtown Sarasota. Their Beach Club is located on Lido Key...a barrier island.

There aren't any beaches in Sarasota, they are located on barrier islands such as Lido Key, Siesta Key and Longboat Key.

I thought there were some on their website...scroll through the photos..there are more than one:

ritzcarlton.com/en/…Default.htm

You could also "google" Ritz Carlton Beach Club Lido Key. Perhpas visitors have posted photos on youtube.com etc.

You will be pleased with the location when you see it.

Interesting for you to pick a wedding venue without seeing it first...gutsy.

~SRQgirl

Edited: 12:51 pm, April 09, 2012
Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz Beach Club Sarasota

I can't imagine a nicer, classier place to have a wedding than at sunset at the Ritz Beach Club. I think you've chosen very, very well.

Guildford
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz Beach Club Sarasota

Hi Steve,

I am not a Sarasota expert (from Surrey, UK) but have been quite a few times now and got married at the Ritz in 2010.

We got married at the main hotel looking out onto the mariner then got a limo over to the Beach Club for photos.

Both venues are amazing as we had photos at the hotel too.

The beach club is amazing and very up -market, I was blown away by the locker room so that kind of tells you that the rest of the club is going to be very nice.

After photos we went back to the main hotel for dinner in the restaurant, Verona I think, amazing meal and the staff were amazing, they couldn't do enough for us.

You have picked a great hotel to get married at. Oh and as for kids, we had photos at around sunset and there was only one other couple on the beach so I wouldn't worry about kids running round. The beach club is further down then the main Lido Beach are so I wouldn't worry about it.

All the best.

6. Re: Ritz Beach Club Sarasota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:40 am, June 19, 2013