We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lido Key vs. Siesta Key during spring break

texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lido Key vs. Siesta Key during spring break

Which beach would be best for spring break? I have read that the beach at Siesta key is softer than Lido and a bit nicer...BUT...will

Siesta key be too crowded during spring break? We are bringing two 13 yr. old boys and a toddler so we will need an area that the boys can safely run about and not get bored. We also want direct beach access from our room b/c we will have a 1 yr old that will be napping during the day and needs quick access to beach area (no long walks). Need family oriented environment, but not huge spring break crowds...any suggestions??

McHenry, IL
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lido Key vs. Siesta Key during spring break

Hey, I'm in the same boat and have not found anything in Siesta Key with direct beach access. We stayed in St. Pete Beach last fall at the Sirata and that was nice. We're looking Lido, Longboat, Siesta this time around. Good luck.

Ithaca, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lido Key vs. Siesta Key during spring break

I'd suggest Casey Key which is a bit more south. I went to Sarasota last year for 2 weeks in March and couldn't get near the beach once. The parking was impossible and traffice in the area is insane. To many college kids, your teens might like it but the toddler won't get much quiet time. Also, Turtle Beach is at the other end of the key and draws a different crowd, nice picnic areas but the sand isn't as nice!

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lido Key vs. Siesta Key during spring break

I would try Lido, Longboat is very quiet and not much to do for the children (much older people) lido has nice wide beach, park one end, fishing, 100 acre wildlife, nice sand, bathrooms and ameneties in the middle. lots of accomodations across the street and best of all walking distance to St Armands Cirle!

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lido Key vs. Siesta Key during spring break

Try Midnight Cove 1 which has units directly on the beach and also bayside. pools both on beach and bayside, excellent lowrise apartments stayed here on 3 occasions, cheaper bayside. Dont be confused and book Midnight cove II because if you are staying in Midnight cove II you are not allowed to use the beach chairs - apparently they belong to Midnight cove I - confused?? sorry.

We travel over from London and have driven up and down midnight pass road and looked over the inside of several units - found this to be more friendly and not concrete tower blocks. Only problem you may have if you stay bayside is the low rumble of traffic on the bridge - but not enough to put you off the much cheaper rents bayside.

5. Re: Lido Key vs. Siesta Key during spring break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:39 pm, March 06, 2006
Iva
Montreal
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lido Key vs. Siesta Key during spring break

I came back from Lido Beach last week and the beach was empty. Water was cold to swim in. Book a hotel with a heated pool if you want to swim in Florida.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lido Key vs. Siesta Key during spring break

Yes, at this time of year the water isn't very warm....

Fond du Lac...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Lido Key vs. Siesta Key during spring break

Siesta Key is wonderful. You won't be disappointed. We go every year and love it.

9. Re: Lido Key vs. Siesta Key during spring break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, May 10, 2009