We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for swimming and snorkeling

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for swimming and snorkeling

We are planning on going to Florida in May for 2 weeks of relaxation, exploring and swimming.

Can anyone recommend a hotel on the west coast that will be suited for a family that loves to snorkle and scuba dive?

It doesn’t matter whether the hotel is away from all the action. The top priorities are that we need to snorkle right by the hotel, and the hotel should be a nice one.

Southwest Florida
Level Contributor
206 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for swimming and snorkeling

I don't know your interests in diving (technical, free, shore) but diving the regina on Anna Maria is one spot that is worth it since you can swim it from shore. With a boat, there are a number of places nearby you can also dive, including a drive to dive a spring - which if you haven't done before is a treat.

Seatrek divers on Anna Maria has all the details and there are lots of places to stay nearby. www.amichamber.org

keep the bubbles going up...

Sarasota,FL
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for swimming and snorkeling

Im not sure about the last post but if you are coming to Sarasota for a Scuba and Snorkeling trip you will be disappointed. There are no "real" snorkeling or diving areas in Sarasota county or Manatee. The dive area mentioned before is really not that great and the visibility is pretty limited here. It is well worth your time to look at the Key Largo area for any decent snorkeling or scuba diving. The area is not known for snorkeling or diving it is famous for our beaches. Im just trying to honest since I was very disappointed when I moved here ten years ago only to find myself going to the keys or Miami to snorkel.