We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarasota Beach

Memphis, tn
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Topic
Sarasota Beach

What is the beach like this time of year? (October's end)

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarasota Beach

beautiful, although too cold for me to go swimming, but i am a floridian, so i have thin blood.....

Southwest Florida
Level Contributor
206 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarasota Beach

Florida Wimps!

The water was about 80 degrees today when I swam this morning. I haven't gone to the shorty wetsuit yet - but there have been years when I've needed it by Halloween (water in low 70s). It all depends on the strnegth, and number, of cold fronts we start to get.

Today it's sunny - but he air temp is unusually cool. Check www.weatherunderground.com for typical temps in October late. put in SRQ at the top left for the airport code. Ocotober can be beautiful and hot, or on the chilly side.

Just remember the old saying:

" a bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work - anyday!"

see you at the beach..

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarasota Beach

Absolutelt great. I wish I were there to enjoy it. The water is still warmer than the water in our local indoor pool at the aquatic center. Really nice prices this time of the year. Check out Crescent Beach off of Siesta Key. I have stayed at SaraSea and Tropical Shores. I really like both places. This is also one of the cleanest cities that you will ever visit. Many great restuarants.

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now