We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Tide

Louisville
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Red Tide

Will be staying @ the Limetree Beach Resort on Lido Beach 06/04/05-06/11/05 and saw where the area has Red Tide or something. Was wondering how that might effect our trip or if it is something we should worry about. Thanx in advance

Mentioned in this post
Limetree Beach Resort
Limetree Beach Resort
60 Reviews
Sarasota, FL
Lido Beach
Lido Beach
1,053 Reviews
Sarasota, FL
Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Tide

Depends on the severity of the red tide bloom. I was at a wedding on the water & there were/are tons of boaters out this weekend with very little effect. I never smelled anything but a few people in the wedding party said it was bothering them a little. It affects people totally different, some are more sensitive than others. I wouldn't worry about it. The only time it's bad is usually if a severe bloom happens in the middle of the summer (dead fish on the beach & in the water, bad smell, etc...) Nothing you can do about it, so hope for the best and have fun.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Tide

we came down during easter and we could notice the red tide, but it didnt stop us at all. dont let it bother you. it was the first time we "witnessed" red tide and it didnt bother us.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Tide

Keep an eye on this site: floridamarine.org/features/view_article.asp…

Unless you have severe asthma, allergies or other respiratory problems, I don't think you'll notice much given the current low concentration of the outbreak. I would look through the site and educate yourself, however. Keep in mind that a red tide outbreak may not be apparent onshore at all and it may well have moved south by the time you arrive, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Sarasota Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Tide

We are staying at the Lido beach resort, and are there now 6/11, the red tide is especially bad today, it was not that bad the first two days because of the rain, but with the high wind and sun it is bad and I don't care for swimming with the dead floating fish. Sorry this did not help you, but hopefully it will help others, I wish I had someone warn me.

Mentioned in this post
Lido Beach Resort
Lido Beach Resort
1,668 Reviews
Sarasota, FL
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Tide

Hi,

I was wondering how you like your stay at Limetree Beach Resort? I am going to be staying there later on this year and don't really know anything about it. I know it is a timeshare resort which has a top notch rating through the exchange company that features it, but that really doesn't mean much, unfortunately. Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Kimberly

Mentioned in this post
Limetree Beach Resort
Limetree Beach Resort
60 Reviews
Sarasota, FL