We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these properties

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Which of these properties

We are looking at renting a condo for a week or two in Jan or Feb, with the hope of later going for a month or two and having our kids and grandkids come for a week visit. We know nothing about the area but I have found 3 properties--Redfish Village, Sanctuary at Redfish and Adagio on/at Blue Mountain Beach. Does anyone know of these and can make recommendations? There's also a Wyndham property at Fort Walton Beach called Waterscape. We'd prefer something not too remote, nor too busy.

Florida
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of these properties

I assume you're asking about Jan/Feb 2015, so hopefully this isn't too late. Fort Walton Beach is a ways from the other properties on the other side of Destin. Waterscape is a big condo complex. I guess the others are all condos as well, but I don' think they are quite as big.

Adagio, Redfish Village, and Sanctuary are all close together at the Blue Mountain Beach end of 30A. Adagio is right on the gulf and if you get a gulf-front unit, would have the best views. The other two are about a half mile to a mile from the gulf. They are all newer and nice. Someone posted a review on the Destin forum about their snowbird stay at Adagio. Check that out. The 30A area is about an 18 mile stretch mid-way between Destin and PCB with a bunch of little beach communities on it. Blue Mountain Beach is on the Western end. Rosemary Beach is on the Eastern End. Seaside and Seagrove Beach are in the center.

Those three complexes are about a mile or two from Grayton, which is a funky little self-contained beach community with personality. There's more to do around Seaside in the Winter. If you're feeling too remote you can always head in to San Destin or Destin, but you could stay on 30A the whole month and not run out of things to do.

Hope that helps.

Edited: 3:18 pm, March 13, 2014
2. Re: Which of these properties

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, March 15, 2015