We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Week of August

12 posts
Save Topic
1st Week of August

I've been reading the forum posts for the Florida Panhandle with interest. We have reservations for the 1st week of August for our family vacation. It is so sad that the beautiful beaches are starting to be impacted by the oil spill. We're just holding out and hoping for the best. We really want to keep our plans and spend our travel dollars in the Florida Gulf Coast area. We've never been there and we're staying in Redfish Village in Blue Mountain Beach on Scenic Hwy. 30A. Any restaurant recommendations or travel tips/ideas for that area?

Thx! =)

Florence, Alabama
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Week of August

The Red Bar is great. Very fun atmosphere. My kids loved it. Also ate at Goatfeathers which was also very good. 30-A has some of the most beautiful beaches. I too am saddened that this oil spill may ruin it for years to come. Wishing you the best for your trip.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Week of August

We just returned Saturday from Dune Allen Beach. We mainly stayed on the beach and enjoyed the sun, sand and surf! We did go across the street one night for dinner at Stinky's. Everyone enjoyed their choices.....shrimp and scallop fetuccini, boiled snow crab, crab cakes, ribs and fried shrimp.

Go and have a fabulous time. We all hated to leave!!!!

3. Re: 1st Week of August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 17, 2011