We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay Sanibel or Captiva?

Lake Mary, Florida
Level Contributor
169 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay Sanibel or Captiva?

OK I swore to myself I wasn't going to reasearch this vacation within an inch of it's life like I did with Disney World the last two years, but it seems as if I'm headed down that road. I'm was planning a three night stay at Sanibel Island in late June. I was leaning towards Casa Ybel. However some negative comments in the reviews are forming a common theme. Charging for beach chairs and towels, poor customer service plus it's not a cheap place. I'm starting over. I have two girls eight and six. My priorities are an efficiency on the beach with a view of the ocean. I want to be close to the ocean. I want modern ammenities (the A/C better work!!) Is Captiva a better choice than Sanibel?

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay Sanibel or Captiva?

Ah, so you're a physician?! :^}

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay Sanibel or Captiva?

MSC - rotlmao No, afraid not. Were I a Dr. I'd OWN on Sanibel or Captiva! LOL I've said before I'm an engineer of sorts. I do work almost exclusively in the healthcare sector.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay Sanibel or Captiva?

let's see.... an "engineer"... healthcare sector... the Bakery.... GOT IT- you're the food safety inspector for Amtrak!

What was this thread about?

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
713 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to stay Sanibel or Captiva?

Joe:

There is a great resource for accommodations of all kinds at the Chamber of Commerce [ http://www.sanibel-captiva.org ]. Sort of a one-stop-shop. Another source is at Best of SanibelCaptiva [http://www.bestofsanibelcaptiva.com ]

Take a gander. And enjoy your Sanible/Captiva getaway.

Mentioned in this post
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
15. Re: Where to stay Sanibel or Captiva?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island