We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spring break condo for family of 5

New Jersey
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
spring break condo for family of 5

I'm planning on coming to sanibel the week of 3/31/07. My husband and I will be traveling with 3 kids 13, 10, 6. We are looking for a condo-tried to get a condo at sundial but couldn't find any under 530 per night. Wanted to stay in the 2500 range for the week. Any suggestions for condos which are family oriented and have a nice pool? Anybody have an inside connection to Sundial?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spring break condo for family of 5

madd5:

Have you tried the direct from owner sites such as vrbo.com and vacationrentals.com? VRBO.COM lists condos for rent by each complex so you could check out availability specifically at Sundial for starters.

According to Tourmaline (and my observations when visiting Sundial for dinner), the condo locations vary considerably in relation to the view and proximity to the water so if you decide to go this route be sure to determine exactly where each unit is located within Sundial when communicating with the owners.

Also, for a nice pool, tennis courts, shuffleboard, grills...Loggerhead might also be an option for you. Sanddollar is another possibility.

Good luck with your search!

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spring break condo for family of 5

Try www.sanibel.cc

We still have some Sundial units left in that price range....Sand Point, Loggerhead Cay and Island Beach club are good choices as well and would be even less $. Good Luck.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: spring break condo for family of 5

I'll assume you're looking for the kids club facility, which unfortunately aren't all that common on Sanibel. Sundial does have a decent one, but you are charged a premium for units there. Somehow I think the 13 yo might be bored but the younger ones might enjoy it. Otherwise I'd be inclined to stay elsewhere. Sundial is the island's most complete resort, but if you won't make full use of all their facilities, you would get more for your money elsewhere.

VRBO allows you to search by condo name which really helps. I think you might find a smaller complex is easier with kids the age of yours. Loggerhead is good choice and they have a nice pool. Also try Sandalfoot, Sanibel Surfside and Maybe Ocean's Reach. I say maybe because the location is excellent, but the units aren't real large, maybe 1,100 sq ft. The 2 bed, 2 bath+den at Sundial is about 1,500+ sq ft - though some of it is wasted space, most is well used large living areas. That is another reason Sundial is pricey.

4. Re: spring break condo for family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island