We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best site for condo rental - Sanibel

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
Best site for condo rental - Sanibel

Our family - 2 adults & 2 kids are planning to visit Sanibel over Christmas week, and were hoping to rent a condo for that period.

I checked out the sanibel-captiva.org site, rental by owners section - but found it difficult to find properties that way.

What is the best site to use, to access the widest property selections.

Thank you.

Yaniv

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best site for condo rental - Sanibel

There is no easy way to find rentals from owners searchable by date. You can try www.VRBO.com

The following have search by date options:

All of the condo association rental pages - see www.sanibel-captiva.org where to stay and click on Condo Association Rentals and you go to each site in order.

Also try clicking on Daily Vacancy and it will show last minute availability by group.

Royal Shell, VIP, ResortQuest, and many others also have searchable databases. Not all agencies do. AMRC you have to look at each unit or call them.

One last option is using a reservation service. They too are listed on the the Where to Stay page or you can search on google with 'Sanibel reservation service'. They are tied into multiple databases and can search many condos at once, but you may get less info that way. I tried one once and didn't care for it, but that's just me.

Last I looked Blind Pass had plenty of openings, as did Sanibel Seista, Sanibel Arms West and Sanibel Arms. Ocean's Reach was almost sold out on 2 bedroom units, but had availability on 1 bedrooms.

Please note, many databases ONLY ALLOW SATURDAY TO SATURDAY SEARCHES so if you plan to arrive on any day but Saturday you may have to call the agency or condo association directly.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best site for condo rental - Sanibel

www.scvrma.org is a very user friendly site to use. All the Sanibel agents in one place.

New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best site for condo rental - Sanibel

Rainstorm, Tourmaline - Thank you both for your replies and information.

Yaniv

4. Re: Best site for condo rental - Sanibel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island