We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westwind or Waterside - HELP QUICK

Valley Stream
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Westwind or Waterside - HELP QUICK

I tried to post last night but I don't think it go up, so I am asking for HELP again. I need to decide today between the Westwind or Waterside. We are looking at April 1 for just two...looking for quiet, don't need elegance but want to avoid places that are really ugly or depressing.

Any opinions please?????

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
527 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westwind or Waterside - HELP QUICK

Funny -- I posed exactly the same question shortly after you did -- never occurred to me that someone would have asked the same thing.

I can't offer you anything in terms of firsthand experience, but from the research we did, it sounds as if West Wind offers more amenities (e.g. a restaurant and bar on the premises) and Waterside offers more spacious accommodations. Because we are traveling with kids, it seemed that Waterside -- which offers accommodations with separate sleeping and living quarters -- would work better for us.

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westwind or Waterside - HELP QUICK

both are nice..West Wind looks a bit 70's-esque on the outside, but thet are very nice inside..the grounds are meticulous, as

is the pool..restaurant (The Normandy) very good, GREAT beach.