We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood by the water

Springfield...
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood by the water

We're arriving at Ft. Myers airport on July 19, then driving to Sanibel. I'd love to have lunch by the gulf, and start enjoying that great seafood right away. There will be 7 of us.

Any reccommendations of spots between the airport and the island? Really appreciate it!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood by the water

The Lighthouse Restaurant where you turn for Pointe Sanibel Marina and Jonathan Harbor on the right about a mile before the toll booth, maybe less.

www.lighthousewaterfrontrestaurant.com/

One of the few waterfront ones I can think of.

I know Doc Ford's on San Carlos Island is good too, and less expensive and more casual. You turn left down San Carlos Blvd, right onto main, left onto Fisherman's Wharf way which will loop around and start you back toward Main, but you'll turn right to reach a second loop that the restaurant sits on. Get better directions from Mapquest using the Healthcare Park on Summerlin as your start point. Fisherman's Wharf way is a one way loop road and there are no exits off San Carlos after Main till you reach FMB Island. Locals or Beachbratz on FMB forum should be helpful with this one.

http://www.docfordsfortmyersbeach.com/

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood by the water

The Islamorada Fish Company is just South of the airport, excellent food!

We first ate at the one in the Keys and always stop at the one near the airport if we have some time to kill before or after our flights. It's connected to a Bass Pro Shop which sounds strange, but it's really not!

…basspro.com/FishCompany/FortMyers/

There's a massive salt water aquarium and a freshwater aquarium with a two-story waterfall and the restaurant has a rustic fishing lodge feel to it. They also have some great choices for the non fish eaters.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood by the water

And, sorry, I know it's not by the Gulf! I just mentioned it as a Great food, fun time place!

Eastchester, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood by the water

To follow up on Tourmaline's post, we usually stop at Parrot Key Caribbean Grill, which is not far from the Doc Ford's on FMB. It's not on the Gulf, but it is on the Marina, and you will be sitting right near the water.

Enjoy your trip!

5. Re: Seafood by the water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 30, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island