We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doc Fords

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
oklahoma
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Doc Fords

I was just wondering if Doc Fords is appropriate for kids in the 12-15 yr. range. Will be arriving next week with 4 grandkids and was wanting to eat there.

jim

Chicago
Level Contributor
199 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doc Fords

Absolutely! They have a pretty extensive menu, so everyone should be able to find something they like.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doc Fords

No Problem! Some even complain of too many kids at Captiva location. The bar does not dominate the restaurant.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doc Fords

thanks for the responses, looking foward to the yucatan shrimp.

Chicago
Level Contributor
199 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doc Fords

The Yucatan shrimp are amazing!!! And their mojitos are a delicious way to wash them down! :)

Altoona...
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doc Fords

Is there anyone out there beside me who does not like Doc Ford's?

Swansea, Illinois
Level Contributor
71 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doc Fords

I thought it was OK. The food was good enough but the servers REALLY did not want to be there. They were all huddled in bunches talking about what they were going to do after work or over the weekend, etc. and they tried multiple times to take our plates while we were still eating. No, we are not slow eaters - and it was only around 8pm. I was really put off by this. For the prices charged, I was not impressed.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,277 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doc Fords

I generally eat there for lunch, and I have never found service a problem. And I fI had experienced that, I would have had a word with management.

United States
Level Contributor
6,232 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doc Fords

sax, if you only tired it once, give it another chance. My first visit there was pretty negative. Didn't go back for a couple years because of it. But I never had a bad experience there again.

In reality, maybe a little bit of its' popularity might come from the knowledge that one could run into Randy Wayne White, or just the feeling of associating with The Doc Ford. Not sure though.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,277 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Doc Fords

Could be but wasn't for me. I went to Doc fords before I ever read Sanilbel Flats lol

But yeah, give it another try. anyplace can have new/bad servers or a night when the manager is off and the mice do play when the cat is away.

Wauwatosa
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Doc Fords

We will be visiting Sanibel in two weeks. Doc Ford's will be our first stop for dinner. our boys are 16 and 12. Yucaytan shrimp for us as well! We hope its just as good as our last visit.

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island