We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June Trip

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
June Trip

Hello,

Our family has our first vacation to Sanibel in early June. I have a few questions that I'm hoping I can get some help on.

-What is the weather like in June? Too hot, just right, etc?

-What are the crowds like in June? These traffic posts have me worried...

-Is 7 full days on the island too much? We are looking for a low and slow vacation.

-We rented bikes for the week and staying at Ocean's Reach. Is it easy to bike to shopping, restaurants, and Ding Darling from Ocean's Reach?

-Other than the beaches, is there something that is a "to do" that kids will enjoy.

Thanks in advance and other posts I've been ready have been really helpful.

Also,

Waukee, Iowa
Level Contributor
175 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: June Trip

A week was way too long for my husband...that's why he's only been there once (and which is also why now I go with my sister.) However, from the day I get there I start to think..."only 6 days left...only 5 days left"...I want to savor every second. A lifetime wouldn't be too long.

Edited: 10:40 am, April 22, 2014
iowa
Level Contributor
259 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: June Trip

Another Iowa girl chiming in here--- every other year we go for a month and that's still not enough! So if Sanibel is your kind of place, there is no such thing as too long. If you want low and slow and you love nature and a relaxed vacation, then one week should not be too long.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: June Trip

Hello Timothy, My family and I will be making our second trip to Ocean's reach the 7-14th of June. I think you will love it.

Jim

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: June Trip

rojamg, I'm a Valpo Hoosier

Edited: 8:24 pm, April 22, 2014
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: June Trip

HI Timothy,

I have traveled 4 times to Sanibel in early June. The weather was hot but I spent my time in the pool and ocean so it felt great! Traffic and crowds was never an issue in June. Now I just got back 2 days ago from Sanibel during our school April vacation week and took my kids for the first time. They LOVED it! A week was not enough time and we barely did everything we wanted to do! I wish I could go for two weeks! How old are your kids?? We took the kids on the Sanibel Thriller (mine are 14 and 10 1/2). Seeing the dolphins up close was incredible! We did make a trip to the shell museum (the liked the scavenger hunt and then you get to pick out a shell to take home) Honestly, they just loved the pool and looking for shells on the beach. Their favorite place to eat was Cheeburger Cheeburger (we went twice!) . Enjoy!!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: June Trip

@tuliplvr any chance of a Trip Report? Sounds like you had a great time!!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: June Trip

Bean3- Yes! I will do a trip report as soon as I'm done all of the vacation laundry clean up!! :-) Yes we had a great time.. I'm already in Sanibel withdrawal.....

18. Re: June Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 30, 2015