We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiki Cottage?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
88 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Tiki Cottage?

I'm planning a mental health trip for May and a property called Tiki Cottage is available. I cannot find any reviews and very little information about this property. The most important question I had was how far the property was from the beach, i.e., is it walkable? There is a picture on the page called "Beach Parking." I don't want to drive to go to the beach. When I sent questions through VRBO, I was referred to the Royal Shell website which didn't really help me that much either. If it is walkable, I would really like to stay here since it is between Bowman's Beach and Blind Pass. It looks to be an excellent spot.

Does anyone know ANYTHING about this property?

Much thanks.

Stephanie

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiki Cottage?

The location is excellent, in a very quiet area of the Island. The cottages are very close to the beach access right off of Jamaica Drive. You would literally walk out the door, cross the street and you are on the beach path.

Jamaica Drive is right off of San/Cap road and across from the Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge.

I haven't seen any reviews of these, but they are very basic, clean, old school style cottages. I can highly recommend Royal Shell. They are always very accurate in their listings and they have stellar customer service.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiki Cottage?

Forgot to mention the parking lot photo is probably because you walk into the parking lot to get to the beach path. The beach path is right beside Tropical Winds. The address is 1338 Jamacia Dr. Pull up Bing or Google Maps and you will be able to see the exact location and the beach path.

Missouri
Level Contributor
88 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiki Cottage?

Thank you for the information. I booked the cottage. The countdown begins to May for my solo trip, then a family trip in August at Blind Pass Condos!

Thanks again!

Stephanie

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiki Cottage?

Good for you! You are very welcome!

5. Re: Tiki Cottage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:28 am, March 15, 2015