We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coquina Beach

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Coquina Beach

Hello,

My family and I are vacationing to Sanibel Island for the first time in May. We are looking to stay at Coquina Beach, the rental properties look so nice and relaxing. Just wondering if one area is better then the other for shelling? and if it will be really busy/ nosier with hotels and restaurants near by?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coquina Beach

Hi Jeshos- Coquina Beach is wonderful place to stay. We stayed there last June and will return in April. Nice small complex with a great pool and beach access. It is not noisy at all. The restaurants are located on the main drag Periwinkle. As far as shelling goes (and I'm no expert) in the 4 years I've come it's been different every time. Some years I've had luck at some beaches, other not so much. Last year at Coquina the shelling wasn't good right in front of the complex. I walked 5 minutes to the left down the beach and came across a big pile of shells to dig in. Lighthouse Beach and Blind Pass are always good to check out but again, it's always been hit or miss for me. The expert shellers can tell you about the tide charts, etc. All I can tell you is I love Coquina Beach and Sanibel!

Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coquina Beach

Thank you tuliplvr22 so much for the info, it will help me in narrowing down exactly where we want to be !!!!

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coquina Beach

keep in mind....no matter where you stay, which area of the island, shelling can and will be always hit or miss. Last year seemed to be a "not so great year" for shelling for many. Coquina Beach is a lovely area....very laid back, nice beach. It is not difficult to visit other beaches while there. try them all!

Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coquina Beach

Thanks WhiteDiamondScoot we will defiantly walk the beaches to see what great shells we can fine. We are so excited for our trip everything is booked and now the count down has begun!!!

Edited: 5:13 pm, March 16, 2014
5. Re: Coquina Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 18, 2015