We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
167 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

So we went tonight, i'm a Sanibel wanna be local - have a house here and spend most weekends over here, so we've pretty much been to most restaurants and love to try new ones.

First impressions the decor is off from the concept - I never went when it was Windjammer but I'm guessing they haven't changed much.

I loved the menu options, finally somewhere willing to try more modern dishes in Sanibel and the Sangrias were delicious - really enjoyed those, the ahi tuna appetizer was delicious as we're our 2 mains.

BUT....the atmosphere is odd.....Chef Todd is very very loud, berating his staff for all to hear as well as just generally being very brusque....we had a slight problem with our appetizer being sent to another table so we had wait and when we asked our server (who was lovely) she was told off by the Chef LOUDLY and told not to rush him - she' was not allowed to explain what happened.....once. We got it cleared up they comped the app....

It just felt awkward in there - very Gordon Ramsey....kind of a surprise for Sanibel....

Liked I said we LOVED the food......and is was wondering if anyone else saw this or if maybe it was an anomaly....

Tyngsboro...
Level Contributor
896 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

We were there. Wrote a review. Enjoyed it. The place is a bit loud. Todd came around and was quite pleasant with us and others.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

Local article on the place, love Indian food so probably will try it out next visit.

www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article…

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

Looks like a different menu, can't wait to try it.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

We had the same bad experience with the chef. Very Very Strange. Never thought about him doing a Gordon Ramsey wannabe. Because I told him the duck was tough.... The owner wanted my name to put on the do not return list...... I am serious!

Not a problem. You couldn't drag me there.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

I would have given him the name Anita Goodmeal.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

bean- had to say it a few times. LOL :)

7. Re: Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:50 pm, November 04, 2013
Edited: 7:50 pm, November 04, 2013
Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

Awww, SWFLAK why did you remove your post?

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

Dang, missed it.

North Fort Myers...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been to Sangria Grill yet?

There are many good restaurants on Sanibel and Captiva. Having good sangria and chicken tacos isn't what we're looking for in a good restaurant. Enough said.

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island