We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling alone

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling alone

looking for recommendations on where to stay - safety is a priority. Will not have a car either, thanks

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling alone

Answered on your other post. Just remember to lock your door. The island is so quiet, people forget and there were a rash of robberies - cameras, electronics, cash - about 2 years ago. I've traveled there alone many times and never felt unsafe no matter where I stayed.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling alone

Thanks for reply

ottawa
Level Contributor
729 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling alone

Honestly, Sanibel is the safest place I have EVER travelled to on this planet (((-:

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling alone

Great to hear!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling alone

Follow normal common sense rules: don't leave valuables, or anything that looks like it may contain valuables (briefcase, suitcase, purse etc.) in plain sight in a car, especially when parking in public lots on Sanibel.

Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling alone

I've heard that the Pink Shell Beach resort is great....People in my office talk about it all the time.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling alone

Pink Shell is on Ft Myers Beach, not Sanibel, and yes, it is a lovely resort.

8. Re: Travelling alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 19, 2014