We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabbage Key Restaurant

NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Cabbage Key Restaurant

Has anyone ever been to the Cabbage Key Restaurant. How long is the ferry to get there? Is the food good? How about the ambiance?

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabbage Key Restaurant

mainebabe, Captiva Cruises leaves from McCarthy's Marina for Cabbage Key. The trip takes about an hour. The food at the Cabbage Key Inn isn't spectacular, rather it's the whole vibe of just being there. It's definitely worth going...

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,821 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabbage Key Restaurant

we love Cabbage Key, stayed at the Inn for a weekend and we thought the food was great. Had a cheese burger, suppose to be where Buffet got his inspiration for Cheese Burger in Paradise, dont know if that is true but it a lot fo fun. Climb up on the water tower and you can see the whole island and caya costa. You wont regret it.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabbage Key Restaurant

Cabbage Key and Useppa islands are both usunual places and worth a visit. Both lack beaches, but have rather unusual histories and well known restaurants. In season they're better than off season. And both are big with boaters. In addition to getting there via Captiva Cruises or their launch from Pine Island [not the way I'd do it] you can also take a water taxi from one of the marinas on Captiva, but make a reservation. The cruise using Captiva Cruises is comfortable and what I'd suggest. Done it myself. Woth it just to be out on the water.

Ft. Myers, FL
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabbage Key Restaurant

Captiva Cruises Takes people from Captiva to Cabbage Key for lunch. It is a great trip through the beautiful waters of Pine Island Sound. Cabbage Key is a funky old island restaurant with a super cool open air Old Florida feel.

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabbage Key Restaurant

mainebabe, The day trip to Cabbage Key is definitely worth it, though I personally prefer the trip to Boca Grande...

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
467 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabbage Key Restaurant

I love the trip on Captiva Cruises to Cabbage Key. Part of the fun is the boat trip. It's a good size boat and has a closed cabin or you can sit on top and enjoy the sun. I have done this trip many times and been to all destinations. I would recommend Cabbage Key. I have always seen dolphins on the trip. You will also get some nature & history info on the trip. Cabbage Key is very laid back. I would recommend only drinking bottled water or bottled beverages (based upon personal experience). After your lunch, we can take a short hike around the island (it's very small). Very fun day trip.

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabbage Key Restaurant

The trip is beautiful, the island is beautiful, the restaurant is interesting the food is forgetable to just not very good (each time we've been). It is quite a limited menu and although we've eaten there many times, we go more to take company that really want to go.

I will say the ambiance is fun, but all but once we had terrible service. You have to remember that it is on as island where everything has to be brought to it, so supplies are limited -- no free refills and prices are pretty high for what you get.

8. Re: Cabbage Key Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island