We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel Island or Siesta Key?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
6 posts
Save Topic
Sanibel Island or Siesta Key?

Hi everyone! I'd really appreciate some advice on a road trip I'm going on next week. My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary by roadtripping through Florida. We're stopping in Amelia Island, St. Augustine, Titusville, Delray Beach, and then spending almost a week in Islamorada and Key West. On the way back up, we've booked 2 nights in Sanibel Island and 1 night in Cedar Key. I was looking forward to Sanibel Island for the shells and laid-back vibe - my husband and I are not the type to favor big hotels and crowded beaches - but now I am wondering if we should stay in Siesta Key instead. After seeing so much of Florida, I'd hate to miss out on the white powdery beaches, and I heard you can get shells there too. I also feel like I have to see that awesome statue of the sailor kissing his lady.

What do y'all recommend? Should we cancel Sanibel Island and stay in Siesta Key for 2 nights instead? Could we go on a day trip to Siesta Key whilte we're staying on Sanibel Island, or stop for a couple hours in Siesta Key on our way back up the coast? (I'm worried about adding extra driving for the day trip, since we'll already have been in the car for so long.)

Advice is appreciated SO MUCH. Thank you!!

1. Re: Sanibel Island or Siesta Key?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island