We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sanibel accomodations closed their doors

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
sanibel accomodations closed their doors

Does anyone know why Sanibel Accommodations closed their doors? For years I have rented through them and I have been very pleased with the service they have privided. I have been notiied by Royal Shell that they will be my contact fot this year's reservation.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sanibel accomodations closed their doors

No. I did notice they had fewer and fewer listing over the last few years. Maybe Royal Shell bought them out. When I first was going to Sanibel and Captiva, I rented from Priscilla Murphy Realty, the first building on the right after the causeway just before the Visitor Center. PMR was the biggest rental agency on Sanibel. They are now VIP and before that were adsorbed by another company and Royal Shell is the big dog in town and has been for some time. They were in turn sold to the owner of Tahitian Gardens and other commercial real estate (and R& L Carriers investment arm) who lives on Captiva (the company sponsors one of the college bowl games), though last I heard the family was still running the place.

Real Estate, especially the rental business is tough.

Edited: 10:08 pm, June 29, 2013
Detroit Lakes...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sanibel accomodations closed their doors

I heard they up and closed their doors. I had a friend use them about a year ago and it was a bad experience. Poor customer service, mix up at check in, property not clean, property was old and run down. There are several other companies on the island to check out, I usually rent directly through owners using VRBO.com

3. Re: sanibel accomodations closed their doors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 25, 2014