We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental

Does anyone have any experience with either Fox Rentals or EZ Car Rentals?

Any info appreciated!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

I'm hoping someone can help you, but I will say this, a few of these places - too many - are very unreliable. Car rentals in the area have become somewhat notorious in the last few years. Personally, I'd be inclined to stick with a national chain. It is often cheaper to rent off airport, but only if you you aren't late arriving or have an early/late departure.

I had my flight down cancelled them the next one (a day later) delayed all due to a snowstorm in the northeast that shut the airports then caused chaos the next day. The flight that was scheduled to land at 8PM landed at 2AM. Now RSW airport closes at midnight, but they stay open till the last scheduled flight lands. Luckily, so did most of the onsite car rental agencies - but not all. The off airport folks were most or completely closed. That means an expensive transfer to your destination or an overnite nearby till you can get your car. It's something to keep in mind.

Maine
Level Contributor
115 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

You may want to check Hotwire...we are on Sanibel now and used them for the first time. Got a full size Chevy Impala for 137.00 for the week from Hertz right at the airport. It is non-refundable and includes only one driver but a really great deal!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

We also always use hotwire for our Sanibel trips and have always had great luck with all of the airport agencies.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

Thanks to all for info/suggestions. Have used priceline successfully in the past, but I noticed those two companies listed this time.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

Priceline or Hotwire?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental

Priceline. I've never had a problem with it, but I'll also look at Hotwire this time.

7. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 26, 2014