We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sanibel island

newton, iowa
Level Contributor
63 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
sanibel island

.. Looking for the best place for a grouper sandwich in Sanibel/Captiva,, and a fun place to eat ... possibly waterfront if possible. LIve music would be great also! Thanks so much!

Captiva
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sanibel island

The Lazy Flamingo, at either Sanibel location has wonderful grouper sandwiches.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sanibel island

I just got back and I had the fried grouper sandwich and my hubby the grouper basket at the Lazy Flamingo and it was awful. It was so bad I only took a couple bites and left hungry. It was over done and had the worst fishy flavor which I know it shouldn't have had since I've had grouper before. Someone said maybe the fish just wasn't fresh . Maybe we just hit it on a bad night. We had a wonderful grouper sandwich at George and Wendy's.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sanibel island

There really isn't any waterfront dining on Sanibel, except for Grandma Dots, which by the way has an awesome grouper sandwich! Grandma Dots is located at the Sanibel Marina, so the view is boats and the bay.

The Mucky Duck Restaurant is on the gulf up on Captiva, but in my opinion the food isn't that great. You can grab a drink and an appetizer there and watch the sunset. There is also the Green Flash Restaurant, it sits bayside. Depending on the time of day, you can sometimes see manatee there.

On Captiva, both RC Otters and Key Lime Bistro have live music nightly. They are both on Andy Rosse Lane, not on the water. We like RC Otters, super casual and fun to sit outside. On Sanibel George and Wendy's has music on Friday and Saturday nights.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sanibel island

I like Grandma Dot's at the Sanibel Yacht Harbor. Good key lime pie too.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sanibel island

Yep. Sanibel Harbor! YOY!

Florida
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sanibel island

Gramma Dot's mesquite grilled grouper sandwich and homemade potato chips with key lime pie for dessert.

Especially good after riding the Thriller.

Florida
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sanibel island

2012 Taste of the Islands People's Choice Award- Gramma Dot's

http://tastesanibelcaptiva.com/restaurants/

newton, iowa
Level Contributor
63 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sanibel island

THanks for the suggestions.. went to Grandma Dots today,,, the grouper was yummy,, will try another restaurant tomorrow!

Riverview, Florida
Level Contributor
178 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sanibel island

Try the Sandbar on West Gulf. We went there this evening after the rain stopped. Awesome restaurant. The almond crusted mahi-mahi with coconut jasmine rice was excellent!

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sanibel island

The Upper Deck pool bar at the West Wind Inn has really delicious grouper sandwiches, crunchy, blackened and grilled, and live music.

The Upper deck is open from 11:00 am – 8:00 pm every day (weather permitting)

Lunch is served on the Upper Deck from 11:30 am – 2:00 pm every day.

Happy Hour every Friday from 5:00 – 6:30 pm featuring live music and half price cocktails. - See more at: westwindinn.com/dining-within-west-wind/#sth…

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island