We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

San Antonio
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary for 3 night-stay, flying into to Ft. Meyers, and looking for a nice hotel on beach with pool, not crowded. We have reservations at Paradise West End, but now think it's not quite what we want, especially since we only have 2 full days to enjoy.

What place would you recommend?

thanks

Richboro, PA
Level Contributor
214 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

If you want to stay on Sanibel try the West Wind Inn. Check out the reviews and pictures on this site.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
375 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

Congratulations! For a nice 3 day anniversary getaway I would choose the Tween Waters Inn on Captiva.

http://www.tween-waters.com/

They have a range of accommodations, a range of dining options, even have a day spa to relieve the tensions of 20 years.

San Antonio
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

I like what I've heard about Tween Waters Inn. Thanks for the input!

Does anyone else have any comments about Tween Waters Inn? We would stay in a guest room; how nice are the rooms?

Thanks again,

Mary

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

Tween Waters is across Captiva Drive from the Gulf on the narrowest stretch of Captiva. The nicest accommodations are the remodeled historic cottages. If you take a room facing the Gulf, you will have the noise of the cars and trucks servicing South Seas Resort as the enter and leave Captiva. As it is not fully operational, that shouldn't be too bad, but they come in early and leave between 3-4PM. Bayside you get great water views and will see dolphins. But then I prefer bayside. Rooms vary in size and not all have been rennovated, so ask and be sure you get a nice, fresh room. Compared with the cottages, you may find the rooms a bit ordinary. Great location and good restaurants.

San Antonio
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

Well, for the 4th of July holidays, all the renovated rooms are sold out at Tween Waters Inn.

I'm now looking for somewhere else: pool, beach or bay view, not too noisy, food close-by.

Any other ideas?

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

maryarm5, Have you looked into Casa Ybel Resort?

http://www.casaybelresort.com/about.htm

San Antonio
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

I just called Casa Ybel and they want $275 a night for the 1 bed suite. Seems rather high; I didnt' take it.

still looking........

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

maryarm5, How about Song of the Sea - http://www.songofthesea.com/

San Antonio
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

Finnally, got a reservation for West Wind Inn, azeala bldg. I hope we like it! I'm sure we will enjoy our stay--which I extended another day, btw.

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for almost-luxury hotel, but not the high price

maryarm5, The West Wind Inn is nice though certainly not cheap for what you get. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your trip!