We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long time visitor needs advice!!!

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Long time visitor needs advice!!!

My wife and I have been visiting Sanibel regularly for the past 33 years. We've stayed in three different condo groups in that period of time. For the past many years we've only stayed in Pine Cove but now find ourselves needing to move on and try something different. What we're looking for is 2 bedroom, 2 bath. 3 bedroom is fine though we only use one of them. We want beach access, a comfortable pool area, upscale furnishings and a quiet location. Our thought is to spend $1600 a week plus taxes and fees arriving in mid to late October for two weeks. We want to stay on the west side of the island between Tarpon Bay Road to just past Rabbit Road. Despite being very familiar with the island itself I don't know anything about the condos other than where I've stayed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Long time visitor needs advice!!!

Sanya, White Sands, Blue Gulf (no elevator), Island Inn has a few condos, Sand Pointe,

Atrium and King's Crown can be added as their min rental is 2 weeks.

All are West Gulf and I'm pretty sure all are past Tarpon Bay Rd. Prices vary a LOT.

Madison, Indiana
Level Contributor
272 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long time visitor needs advice!!!

You might want to look at Sea Shells too. Good rates, nicely furnished--you do have to cross W Gulf for beach access but it's very close and a nice stretch of relatively uncrowded beach. You may even get in under your target price:)

iowa
Level Contributor
265 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long time visitor needs advice!!!

We are staying at Sand Pointe this year and it is in the area you want. We are paying less than $1600 per week, so you might check them out.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long time visitor needs advice!!!

SAYANA! Sounds made to order to meet your requirements...my favorite Sanibel complex.

rescen.com/sanibelcaptiva/sayana-of-sanibel.…

Edited: 7:26 pm, April 03, 2013
Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long time visitor needs advice!!!

I have to vote for SAYANA too! We stayed there and loved it! Both Royal Shell Vacations and VIP Vacations have units listed.

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long time visitor needs advice!!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm just old and set in my ways. We found an available condo in Pine Cove and have booked it. It happens to be with a rental agency that I swore I'd never use again but it's time I got over my hissy fit with them.

Thanks again and now we just need to wait for mid-October.

South of Boston
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Long time visitor needs advice!!!

I LOVE Sanibel Surfside. Peaceful, comfortable, well furnished, on the water, right near where you want to be. Been going there for 10 yeats and love it a lot. I highly recommend a weekly rental there. Stay in the condo building that faces the water. There are only 3 buildings (a nice small complex).

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long time visitor needs advice!!!

@paulkirs Just looked at all of your gorgeous photos of Sanibel, AGAIN!

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Long time visitor needs advice!!!

Thank you bean3. 2011 was a great photo trip. A huge storm came through on the first two of the fourteen days we were there. All of the shell pictures in the 2011 gallery were done within 1/4 mile of the Tarpon Bay Road beach access point.

10. Re: Long time visitor needs advice!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 10, 2014