We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmer's Market - fresh herbs?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Farmer's Market - fresh herbs?

For anyone who has been to the market recently, did you see herbs for sale? Specifically looking for mint (mojitos!) and cilantro (salsa!). Would appreciate any current info!

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
467 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmer's Market - fresh herbs?

I have seen herbs at Farmer's Market, but don't remember exactly which ones.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmer's Market - fresh herbs?

Last spring (and fall) we saw and purchased basil and mint. i don't recall if there was cilantro. We usually buy the potted herb plants (there is a vendor that sells potted plants and herbs), as opposed to the pre-cut herbs. The potted plants usually last the duration of our trip, with a little care.

Maryland
Level Contributor
412 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmer's Market - fresh herbs?

Zin....when you walk past the "kettle corn" guy on your left, and bear left to go up the row, the first greengrocer on the left is where I bought my cilantro. Don't know about the mint, but I seem to recall seeing it wither there, or back near "the olive guy"

ENJOY!!!!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmer's Market - fresh herbs?

Thanks, everyone! I know just who you are talking about, jaydee, so I will check with him. Since I will be in Sanibel 3 weeks, the idea of potted herbs might make the most sense. Glad to know I can find them at the market.

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmer's Market - fresh herbs?

Here is a map that our local food critic posted on FB yesterday, mapping out all of the Famers Markets in the area.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

6. Re: Farmer's Market - fresh herbs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 08, 2014