We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Options

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
31 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Options

My wife and I will be in Sanibel in early March and looking for feedback on GOOD wine stores on the island or close by...Ft Myers. Also...restaurants on the island with a decent wine selection.

Thanks

Smike

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Options

There are two that I can think of on Sanibel The Grog Shop in Bailey's shopping center. In Jerry's there's Sanibel Spirits. On Captiva is Captiva Provisions, but it's much smaller.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Options

Also, just before Sanibel, to the left down San Carlos Blvd, is The Sandy Butler gourmet shop, wine shop, and restaurant. That one I haven't been in, but they enjoy a good rep. If you want gourmet take out, you can that there too.

Maryland
Level Contributor
412 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Options

In FL, beer and wine are sold in many (most) grocery stores. I know you said "GOOD wine stores", but you may be surprised at the selection in some. There is a Fresh Market in Ft. Myers (Bell Tower Shops, Daniels Pkwy & Rt 41), that is an "upscale" grocery which has a more interesting selection than the Publix.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine Options

Stop in at Sanibel Tropical Wines on Periwinkle, amazing strawberry wine!

http://www.sanibeltropicalwines.com/

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine Options

Total Wine in Ft. Myers is huge (w/huge selection). We usually put together a list from their website and have our order waiting for us at the store upon arrival. Like groceries, etc., prices on island for wine tend to be higher.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
467 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine Options

Although I support the stores on Sanibel, the largest selection by far is Total Wine on US 41.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
31 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine Options

Thanks all for the feedback...really need some down time!!!

8. Re: Wine Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2014