We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WARM heated Pool in November?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
WARM heated Pool in November?

Hi. We're looking to rent a House or Condo the end of November - but it must have a WARM heated pool ( 85+ degrees). Any Suggestions? Thank you.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: WARM heated Pool in November?

Most pool heat is actually set at 83F, a few have a nominal 85F, but even houses lock out temperature controls.

Since condos are controlled by bylaws, I'd suggest you rent a house up on Captiva and arrange for the pool heat to be set where you want it, and offer to pay any surcharge. Not all pool heaters do well above 83F and solar heating of pools is much slower.

AMRC has a nice selection of cottages near the beach and stafford Cottage ON the beach with private pools. Others suggested would be, Island Girl, Casa Captiva, Sea of Green, Leapin' Lizard, Bird of Paradise, etc.

Royal SHell - Baybarlyn, Coral Cottage, Dolphin House, etc.

Very nice selection available and, naturally very large beachfront villas for bigger groups on larger budgets.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WARM heated Pool in November?

Tourmaline......Thanks. I'm not familiar with the area - what is AMRC?

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: WARM heated Pool in November?

OOPS. Sorry, here you go

http://www.captiva-island.com/amrc/capmap.htm

Just click on the house and the photos and rates will pop along with the availability calendar. AMRC is the agency I use the most on Captiva. Very nice locals.

this is the link to Royal Shell's Captiva homes for rent

www.royalshell.com/vrmgr/category/caphome

Royal Shell has a larger inventory and many very upscale, large houses.

The reason I've suggested Captiva homes is because Sanibel homes have a 28 min rental period by City law. That's usually a bit too long for most travelers.

Captiva has a 1 week min rental on houses and some are permitted for nightly or 3 day min. Unlike Sanibel, Captiva is an unincorporated area and under Lee County rules. Sanibel has additional restrictions. Condos, regardless of location, are mostly governed by the association bylaws. Min rentals vary by complex and by season, many allowing less than 1 week off-season, other maintaining min rentals as long as 1 month.

I've learned that pool heat is a good idea year round. The cold rain from a thunderstorm can chill them down pretty fast even in July.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WARM heated Pool in November?

Thank you very much Tourmaline....great info.!

5. Re: WARM heated Pool in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island