We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel - boutique condo?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Sanibel - boutique condo?

Hello,

Traveling between Christmas and New Years. Four adults and two kids. The default assumption is that we will stay at Pointe Santo, but it looks very large and some rooms seem to be hit or miss. Any nicer properties, preferably smaller ones to recommend?

Also I am assuming given the one-month rental requirement for houses that this isn't possible - do folks rent out for shorter time periods?

Thank you.

1. Re: Sanibel - boutique condo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:30 am, November 21, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanibel - boutique condo?

There are several very nice 3 BR condos at Sanddollar that may suit your needs. Go to www.vrbo.com and then click on Florida / Sanibel / Sanddollar and perhaps you will see something there that appeals to you. It IS getting a bit late to book a holiday stay, though. Good Luck!

Edited: 7:07 pm, November 16, 2012
Boston...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanibel - boutique condo?

I stayed at Pine Cove Unit #301 this year and it was wonderful. The unit was very large, 3 bedrooms, two full baths and a wraparound lanai. Pool was very nice. The complex is much smaller than Point Santo. Great location. Very well maintained. My sisters stayed in 303 and that was also very nice but only 2 bedroom.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
867 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanibel - boutique condo?

there are a lot of smaller and quiet condo complexes that rent by the week. hard to generalize about rooms as these are privately owned and furnished vacation homes and you could easily find high end upscale units with every imaginable amenity inside right next door to dated and more basic units.

smaller complexes in the vicinity of pointe santo include sand pointe, white sands, pine cove, and tarpon beach (where we own a unit that we stay in ourselves over the holidays).

sandollar is a larger resort style complex, similar to pointe santo and loggerhead. all would be great options if you wanted more activites and more young people for yiur kids to socialize with.

Edited: 7:11 am, November 17, 2012
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanibel - boutique condo?

At this relatively late date, you might want to contact one of the on-island rental management companies, such as Royal Shell Vacations, http://www.royalshell.com/ and Sanibel-Captiva Accommodations, http://www.sanibel-captiva.com/ These places can give you lots of information comparing one condo complex with another and offering a variety of options.

As for small and large condo complexes, there are many on Sanibel Island, and it is sometimes difficult to keep them all straight. Sanddollar is a smaller complex with 36 units, all of which are directly gulf front. Tarpon Beach has 30 units. Sand Pointe has 45 units. Pointe Santo has 140 units, and Loggerhead has 168 units. Everyone likes something different. Even at this late date, I am sure that you can find someplace on Sanibel Island that you will enjoy staying between Christmas and New Years. Best of luck to you.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
867 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanibel - boutique condo?

My bad. I read (and wrote) sandollar while thinking sundial. I should not be allowed to post before coffee!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sanibel - boutique condo?

The 3 bedrooms units at Shorewood are excellent, but they might be sold out.

There are 3 bedrooms units up on Captiva in Captiva Shores (townhouse style), Captiva Beach Villas (townhouse style), and on South Seas Resort (regular condos)

On Sanibel, there are limited 3 bedroom units that are nice. Some have 2 weeks to 28 day requirements, like Sedgemore (Beautiful units). I'd follow Murex Ken's advice and use an agency. Availability will be limited given the dates min rentals during holidays.

South Seas might be your best bet.

Boston...
Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sanibel - boutique condo?

check out vacationhomerentals.com as they appear to have weekly rentals. It just depends on the part of the island.

9. Re: Sanibel - boutique condo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, December 16, 2013