We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel Inn panic

Bemidji Mn
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sanibel Inn panic

We, (family of 2 adults, two kids) had booked via our travel agent for 3-20-05 thru 3-27-05 at Sanibel Inn. We found this a.m. that Sanibel Inn has determined they will not be ready by that date, and are trying to relocate us to Sundial. However, we have no assurances, and our agent's backup plan is a tentative booking at the Marriott Resort on Marco Island. This is NOT what we want- we are not the hi-rise, mega multi-unit fast-lane excitement kind of people. Any suggestions, should the relocation plan fall through, for peaceful. low-key options on short notice at peak travel season on Sanibel? Any help is gratefully appreciated!!!

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Inn
Sanibel Inn
1,405 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
Sundial Beach Resort...
2,713 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sanibel Moorings Resort
Sanibel Moorings Resort
#1 of 20 hotels in Sanibel Island
Island Inn
Island Inn
#5 of 20 hotels in Sanibel Island
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
#6 of 20 hotels in Sanibel Island
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanibel Inn panic

sanibelprivateowners.com/genericsites/pointe…

My son owns two condos on Sanibel and he recently told me that they have been swamped with requests such as yours. Don't lose heart, though. The above website gives you access to many private owners at Pointe Santo. The "C" units seem to rent more slowly (even though many are very nice) as they are set back furthest from the water. Last week several were showing some vacancies in late March. Perhaps you can check directly with as many as possible.

Could the rental companies on the island offer any help? Sanibel Accommodations, VIP Rental, Priscilla Murphy (etc.)

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanibel Inn panic

My apologies...that site does not give direct owner contact information, only condo overviews. There is another site that does, but I did not bookmark it. Perhaps you could search using Key Words Sanibel Private Owner and find that other page.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanibel Inn panic

http://www.pointesanto.com/2br_rentals.htm

This site has owner contact...miracles can happen!

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanibel Inn panic

northernnatureseeker, Have you tried the Sundial? -

http://www.sundialresort.com/

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanibel Inn panic

northernnatureseeker, Whoops, sorry I didn't see in your original post that you mentioned the Sundial. Have you checked rental agencies for condos? Or maybe cottages?

Mentioned in this post
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
Sundial Beach Resort...
2,713 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Bemidji Mn
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanibel Inn panic

Thanks for your input. I have secured a condo for the central portion (5 nights) of our vacation at Sanibel Siesta. They were very helpful, and it looks like it will meet our needs very nicely. We'll just stay in Ft Myers on Sun nite, as we will be getting in late anyway. Perhaps we'll stay there for that last night as well. Again, thanks so much for your kind responses!

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
michigan
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Sanibel Inn panic

did Sanibel Inn tell you when they would be ready? We have reservations from April 5-7 and now i'm a little worried.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Inn
Sanibel Inn
1,405 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Michigan
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sanibel Inn panic

The folks at Reservation Central have access to all of the condos, and are very pleasaant to work with.Try reservation-central.com, also blind-pass.com(very pretty beach, a 2 minute walk, no road to cross). Good luck.

Bemidji Mn
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sanibel Inn panic

Judith, Sorry,I did not get any specifics from Sanibel Inn as to whether they have a new target date for being fully open. I am hearing that several of the other larger resorts that are still closed are expecting to be open by April. It seems the private condo owners have been on a faster track with their repairs; I had better luck working through the private rental associations. My guess is it may be at least slightly easier to find accomodations after Easter, as the family vacations over spring breaks will be less of a factor, should the Inn still not be ready.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Inn
Sanibel Inn
1,405 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Chicago
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Sanibel Inn panic

My family of four and a friend's family of four were also informed yesterday that our rooms at the Seaside Inn will not be ready. I have mishmashed a series of rooms (we have to change rooms during our stay) at the Westwind - but my friend is still looking for something for her family for just 2-days. everyone is booked with the exception of a place called the

"Colony" which has a few cottages available. Anyone know about the Colony and its proximity to the beach, etc? Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island