We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel Farmer's Market, 2012-2013

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sanibel Farmer's Market, 2012-2013

We will return to Sanibel Island for a week in November. We are starting to get excited and making plans. Today I have spent more time than I am willing to admit looking on the internet for information concerning the Sanibel Farmer's Market and when it starts up again this fall. Having struck out with many websites, SanibelSusan's blog came thru. The Farmer's Market will begin Sunday, November 4 and runs until the end of April 2013. It is open "every Sunday, except Christmas. Over 30 vendors participate, selling local fruits and vegetables, flowers, honey, seafood, breads, cheeses, soups, pastas, organics, jams, nuts, salsa, & more. It is on the grounds of City Hall, 800 Dunlop Rd, next to the Sanibel Library and BIG Arts. Hours are 8 a.m. to 1 p.m." Since Christmas falls on a Tuesday this year, I do not know what the "except Christmas" means.

MurexAlice and I really enjoy going there and usually purchase a number of items, some of which, like the malmalades and preserves, we use as small Christmas gifts or host gifts. We have found that it is good to purchase several jars of each. Otherwise, they somehow do not last until Christmas. There is something there for everyone. It can be a busy place especially "in season". Parking can take a little time, but the experience is worth it.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanibel Farmer's Market, 2012-2013

Sounds like fun, Ken. Odd how those little Christmas food gifts can up and disappear. Happens at my house too. Gremlins.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanibel Farmer's Market, 2012-2013

they usually have a Facebook page you can access as well.

Lansing,KS
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanibel Farmer's Market, 2012-2013

I have spent several hours looking for information for the 2013 farmers market at Sanibel. Glad I found the info on here!

Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanibel Farmer's Market, 2012-2013

Is the market open in June and July 2013?

Chicago
Level Contributor
204 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanibel Farmer's Market, 2012-2013

No, I believe it ends in April.

6. Re: Sanibel Farmer's Market, 2012-2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 13, 2014