We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

minnesota
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hey GrandmaMac. We're planning our first trip in November for our 30th. Choosing between Ocean's Reach and Sand Pointe (unless you have a different recommendation. Suggestions?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Hi, Captain Martha:

I think both places are nice. Two major differences come to mind...maybe three.

1. If you are tennis players, Ocean's Reach has courts; Sand Pointe does not.

2. Ocean's Reach is, literally, 25 steps from the ocean...your view is the beach and the Gulf. Sand Pointe has nice, tropical grounds and the condos are set back a bit from the Gulf overlooking those grounds...not far...just gives a different type of view.

3. You can almost count on everything being brand new at Ocean's Reach...almost!! Now my d-i-law tells me that a few of the owners actually stored their furniture during the complete renovations of 2005 and have placed it back in their units. The vast majority started brand new with everything! The Sand Pointe condos will have more variation in terms of newness / updates. There is a person who visits this board and who knows the condos there quite well (Sue2ms). If you decide to go with Sand Pointe, maybe you could post a question directly to her and get some help in finding one that is especially nice.

Oh...and if it is a trip for just the two of you...Ocean's Reach has one bedroom units while I don't believe Sand Pointe does. They are fairly compact, but the ones I have seen would provide a charming, cozy setting for a special anniversary trip.

Happy Anniversary (a bit early)

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island