We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bar?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Debbie Myers
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach bar?

I thought I had read here, but cannot find, a mention of beach bar(s). Are there any? And do we need to be staying on the property to use it? We are staying at Pointe Santo......are any easy to walk to (on the beach). Do any have music?

Thanks in advance. We arrive this Saturday. Daughter and friend will join us for the weekend and they would like to have drinks by the water.

Newtown...
Level Contributor
418 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach bar?

From Pointe Santo you can walk to Casa Ybel and use their beach bar, Coconuts... you don't have to be a guest to sit at the bar and enjoy a drink! Have one for me while you're at it :)

Debbie Myers
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach bar?

Thank you Lisa! I'll have one for you too!

Chicago
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach bar?

Also read that there is a beach bar at Sanibel Inn resort and Sundial resort..

Englewood, Florida...
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach bar?

The best beach bar is the Mucky Duck on Captiva but you have to go early to get a parking spot. They only serve beer & wine - no spirits.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach bar?

The bar at the Sundial is for resort guests only to the best of my knowledge. The bar at Sanibel Inn is more a pool bar.

Most pool bars, including Casa Ybel's, tend to close early. Call for hours. All are good walks from Pointe Santo. You can make your own drinks and have them on the lounges on the lawn of Pointe Santo overlooking the beach.

If you'll be out near dusk, have OFF! handy. That's when the no-see-ums are most active.

Debbie Myers
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach bar?

Thank you all for your suggestions! I think I'll let my daughter and her friend make the decision about where to go. I think she does not remember Sanibel from all of our family trips. It's not going to offer what South Beach offers!

We arrive Saturday! So excited. It's been 4 years since the last visit. This is way overdue!

7. Re: Beach bar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 20, 2013