We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach erosion from Tropical Storm Debby

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Beach erosion from Tropical Storm Debby

I read a trip report today from someone who went to Captiva and described bad beach erosion there from Tropical Storm Debby (which I think was in June?)

We are coming to Sanibel in December, and I was wondering if the beaches in Sanibel also had erosion from that storm. Particularly the Gulf City Park area where we will be staying at Oceans Reach.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach erosion from Tropical Storm Debby

Well, since I got no response here, I googled my question and got plenty of info, complete with photos and videos.

I had no idea that Debby caused so much havoc all up and down the Gulf coast.

I think most beaches should recover pretty well though.

One thing I am sure of: I would NEVER buy property close to the ocean! One storm can change everything

2. Re: Beach erosion from Tropical Storm Debby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island