We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights to sanibel in april

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sah
lowell, ma
7 posts
Save Topic
flights to sanibel in april

Can someone with more experience help me? We are going to Sanibel April 17-22, I can leave anytime from Friday the 15th and return as late as the 24th. We don't mind travelling from Miami, Tampa or any other south Florida location. We are a family of five and the airfares seem really high! Plus the flight schedules are awful (long flights, early departures, late arrivals). Should I just take an inconvenient, higher priced flight now or do you think better fares and flights will come out as we get closer? Remember this is school vacation week in Massachusetts. Thanks for any help you can give us.

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights to sanibel in april

sah, We always fly JetBlue from JFK straight to Ft. Myers. A lot of other airlines you have to change flights, which is a hassle and increases your flying time. Check them out on the web.

bag
Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: flights to sanibel in april

Have you tried all of these web sites?

www.orbitz.com

www.southwest.com

www.usa3000.com

www.usairways.com

I think you will find those to have the best prices.

Flying into Tampa or Fort Lauderdale would be the cheapest usually and then you would have about a 2 1/2 hour drive.

Good luck!!

Michigan
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: flights to sanibel in april

Try flights into Sarasota or Orlando, too.I am from Michigan, and we typically drive due to the airfares are consistently high at spring break times. Good luck:-)

boston
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: flights to sanibel in april

I feel your pain! last year, our family vacation was on that same school vacation week. Being from St. Louis, but now living in Boston, I had no idea kids had that week off! Some other ideas include booking one way seats on one airline, then looking for one ways on another. Or, arriving into one airport, then returning from another. If the airports are close enough, there shouldn't be a drop charge when dropping off a rental car. Another idea is to arrive on the following monday or tuesday. Not ideal, but prices do drop. I will tell you though the fares don't get any better as the time draws near. The planes are packed. Another website to try is yahoo travel. They are pretty good in getting decent flights. Good Luck!

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: flights to sanibel in april

HI- We are, also, flying into Fla at that time- from Boston.. Have you tried "Song"-operated by Delta.? Website:www.flysong.com

They have non- stops from Boston to various FLA airports- and are pretty reasonably priced- esp if you are somewhat flexible! Good Luck!