We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to eat on easter

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mill neck, new york
2 posts
Save Topic
place to eat on easter

is there a nice place to eat on easter on sanibel?

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: place to eat on easter

The restaurants on Sanibel and Captiva are pretty casual, even the 'fancy' ones. You won't find real gourment food, but usually good stuff. It really depends on what you're looking for - and realizing that Easter can bring crowds that can diminish food quality at any restaurant anywhere, here's what I'd suggest:

Ellington's at the Sanibel Inn [live music] or Old Captiva House at Tween Waters. Both are a bit more upscale than the usual places and have reliable food. The simpler it is, the happier you'll be. [NOTE: With the greatest respect - there is no great Italian food, not by NYC standards.] Last I ate at Windows on the Water at the Sundial [nice gulf view] I found both food and service wanting and prices way too high for what you get. The Thistle Lodge at Casa Ybel [gulf view] blows hot and cold on quality and I'd be inclined to avoid it on a holiday altogether.

Realizing the high end food isn't the reason most folks go to these island, consider Doc Ford's [keeping in mind there was a recent electrical fire in one of the businesses in this little mall and you'll need to see when they'll reopen.], Mad Hatter [gulf view] - which Unixkid just let us know was for sale - never a good sign and Redfish Bluefish a new place up on Captiva with a menu that is unusual and not for everyone.

For casual, Island Cow, a family place, Key Lime Bistro and RC Otters on Captiva, very island feeling and Green Flash, also on Captiva with a stunning view of the bay and a seafood oriented menu.

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island