We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather In May???

Stigler, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather In May???

Just wondering about the weather in May???Is it usually really hot by then???Also, how are the water temps???

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather In May???

Check out this link for average temperatures and water temperatures. The lady I rent from on Sanibel recommended that I go in May because the weather is beautiful, so I booked for 2 weeks!

www.sanibeltrails.com/sanibel-weather.aspx

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather In May???

May is a beautiful time of year, the weather is perfect the crowds are less and the gulf is warm! We come over every year in May. It is hot but not scorching hot like during the summer months. Here is a link to the average temps for the month of May

weather.com/weather/…

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
673 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather In May???

May is a wonderful time to go to Sanibel. The weather is perfect. It's one of my favorite times on the island.

Framingham...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather In May???

Love hearing that, since we will be there in May:)

Edited: 7:41 pm, March 02, 2012
Monmouth County,NJ
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather In May???

Weather is perfect! The sun is very hot, the humidity is high. It is very summer like. Most activities like running or biking should be done in the early morning or late afternoon. No crowds, the prices are low....maybe an afternoon thunderstorm....although in the last few years, we have not had any. If you like summer, you will love Sanibel in May. I think it is about the most perfect time to visit!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
975 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather In May???

Late April and early May (along with late October and early November) are my favorite times to visit for comfortable beach weather.

LINCOLNSHIRE ENGLAND
Level Contributor
114 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather In May???

Agree with the others. Have been twice in May and weather was perfect. I thought it was hot (but I do live in the UK)!. The temperature on both visits was mid to high 80s with a lovely warm breeze off the sea - we were lucky enough just to have one afternoon of rain in 2 weeks. Early mornings on the beach (before breakfast) were beautiful - so still and warm. The evenings were also warm and you did not need a cover up (but take something for the noseeums).

Stigler, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather In May???

Thanks so much for the info!!It will be our first time visiting the gulf so early on in the year so I am hoping for good weather!!Does anyone know about the june grass in May??

9. Re: Weather In May???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, June 14, 2013