We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waited to long...

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Waited to long...

Looks like we waited to long to book our trip to Sanibel. We were thinking about staying at Casa Ybel-but now Expedia says there are no rooms available for our dates-4/17-4/24. DARN!!

We stayed at the Sundial last year and will probably book there now that we can't get Ybel-as long as I can be guarentted a beachfront room.

Any other suggestions on where to stay? Husband and I looking for something on the beach that is close to most things-relaxing and clean!

We will be renting a car and are familiar with the island-ust not to sure about the hotel situation.

Thanks in advance!

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Waited to long...

Don't know if you considered Sanibel Arms West but they have availability

for your dates

http://www.sanibelarmswest.com/

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,956 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Waited to long...

Did you try Casa Ybel directly?

USA
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Waited to long...

I did not try Casa Ybel directly as it seems to us that booking on line for hotel/car is cheaper-but thanks for the tip-maybe I should contact them directly and see if they have availability.

Sturgeon
Level Contributor
509 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Waited to long...

Check the Casa Ybel homeowners website, you should be able to search for it. Oceans Reach is also just down the beach

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Waited to long...

You might be somewhat limited for condo stays since your dates are Tuesday - Tuesday. Have you looked at Song of the Sea? They rent by the day. We stayed in an oceanfront suite which included a kitchenette. Rates included a lovely breakfast every morning. It's a very quiet spot, catering mostly to adults. Lovely grounds and pool area. Chair and umbrella set-ups are included. For a more lively time, you have access to the sister resort next door which offers a pool bar. Something to consider.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,956 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Waited to long...

I think you'll have trouble with the owners website, as its a mid week rental, unfortunately. I'd call Casa, see what they offer, if anything.

Oceans Reach is all gulf front, great place to stay. Pointe Santo premier properties offer mid week rentals. An owner at Coquina beach might rent off season mid week - look at vrbo. Sanibel Arms West, as mentioned. Sanibel Moorings.

Song of the Sea, as Zin said, West Wind Inn or maybe Island Inn for gulf front.

Edited: 7:42 am, February 25, 2012
Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Waited to long...

I would call all properties directly before booking anything. I have found that most of the time, by calling directly, the price will be matched or better. Only once, I was told to book though the offer online.

8. Re: Waited to long...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, June 17, 2013