We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with 2 adults, 3 kids for 3 nights

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay with 2 adults, 3 kids for 3 nights

I have been researching all morning looking for a place to stay on the beach that will accommodate 2 adults and 3 children, ages 9, 8 & 6. We will be going June 18 (Sun) and checking out on June 21 (Wed). The only place I have found so far is the Sundial, but it seemed a bit expensive and has mixed reviews. Has anyone stayed there that could give any input? Or can anyone suggest a place that is on the beach that will take 5 people for 3 nights? Many places I have found only accommodate 4 people or will only rent weekly. Thanks for all your help!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Where to stay with 2 adults, 3 kids for 3 nights

To Grandpajon from Alaska:

Hi, there. Sounds as though you are planning a very special vacation for your family. I want to suggest that you start a new topic here on the forum and give it a title of your own...maybe "Help with House / Large Cottage". That way you will get responses specific to your needs.

I believe houses on Sanibel rent for 28 days only, but Tourmaline and Sue2ms are experts on the kind of accommodations you want and they will help you out with good suggestions.

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Where to stay with 2 adults, 3 kids for 3 nights

Tourmaline - I received an email back from Sanibel Arms West this morning. They will only rent nightly if I call 1 month prior. I think I will stick to choosing between Pointe Santo and Casa Ybel for now unless I stumble upon another option within the next week. I am afraid that if I wait too long, both options will be gone. Thanks again for all of your help! I really appreciate it!!!!

Casey - have you chosen a place yet?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
589 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Where to stay with 2 adults, 3 kids for 3 nights

Pasha - I'm now deciding between Casa Ybel and Sanibel Inn. I still really like Casa Ybel, but its more expensive. Additionally, Sanibel Inn includes a continential breakfast.

Does anyone know if Casa Ybel is worth the extra $50 per night?

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Where to stay with 2 adults, 3 kids for 3 nights

Hi Casey - It's official. I just booked with Pointe Santo. We have a Gulf front 2 bedroom for $255/night - unit A25. The rooms are larger than Casa Ybel, plus my kids will each get their own bed (priceless!). Check out www.premiersanibel.com if you are interested. My selection of accommodations was very limited due to the fact that we have 5 people and are renting for only 3 nights. Keep us posted on where you decide to stay!

Thanks to everyone for your help, especially GrandmaMac and Tourmaline! I am so excited to visit Sanibel for the first time! Your help and advice are truly appreciated!!! I will be sure to report back when we return!