We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Tween Water Inn

ny
3 posts
Save Topic
Beach at Tween Water Inn

Can anyone tell me how the shelling is at the beach at Tween Water. Are there less shells there than on Sanibel?

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Tween Water Inn

The best shelling spots vary with air and water currents. In general, the beaches at Lighthouse point, Bowman's Beach and Blind Pass have the best shelling. However, with the beach renourishment program, lots of shells are allover right now. Part of the program is the reopening of the cut at Blind Pass. I have always had excellent shelling there and it's a favorite with locals and fishermen as well.

You can walk a long stretch of beach from Tween Waters down toward Blind Pass that has only private homes on the beach and is lightly used. This allows for lots of shelling without much competition.

In My experience, the Lighthouse beach is best in fall/winter months when the winds turn toward the north northeast. It can be average the rest of the year. Bowman's Beach and Blind Pass are usually above average any part of the year, but especially good in winter and after fall and winter storms.

Shells are plentiful on both islands, but the competition is stronger in winter when the islands have the most visitors and seasonal residents on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Bowman's Beach
Bowman's Beach
2,594 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Blind Pass Beach
Blind Pass Beach
698 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island