We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Which condo to stay at?!

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Which condo to stay at?!

I just don't have a clue of which condo complex to stay at - I have never been to Sanibel Island. The only requirements are that it has to be on the beach, with a pool and a hot tub. It's 4 adults and 2 kids - so I need a place with a king, queen and pull-out sofa. Help! I'm just getting more and more confused as a look on the different websites!

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Which condo to stay at?!

If you can let us know when you're planning on being there and a price range for the week (or longer?), you'll get good help. For some odd reason, not many of the condo complexes have hot tubs, so you may want put priorities on the various ammenities. For example, the second bedoom rarely has a queen, it's usually twins, would that do? Some masters have queens as well, would that be unacceptable or could you live with it? Whatever is non-negotiable list it and that will determine where you're most likely to find your ideal condo.

Sanibel
Level Contributor
375 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Which condo to stay at?!

Check out www.sanibel.cc VIP has some units at Pointe Santo (which has a hot tub) with something other than 2 twins in the second bedroom. And it's a great complex for families.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Which condo to stay at?!

Snowflake: You may want to consider getting a 3 bedroom unit if you can find one on a weekly basis. I believe both Pointe Santo, Golden Beach, and Sanddollar have 3 br. units that rent by the week. That way the early risers or night owls do not have to worry about disturbing whomever is sleeping on the sofabed.

Tourmaline is right about the lack of hot tubs in most condo complexes. There is one at Pointe Santo, but it is rather small as is their pool (given the number of units they have). Still a good option overall though.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Which condo to stay at?!

You may want to check at Royal Shell Vacations. They handle the 3 br unit at Golden Beach and it has two king bedrooms and a third with twins, beach, and pool. No hot tub.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
189 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Which condo to stay at?!

Try Pine Cove. Small Complex located on West Gulf Drive with a heated pool and hot tub. There is two bedroom unit with two king beds and a sleper sofa. It is unit B.

Sanibel
Level Contributor
375 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Which condo to stay at?!

VIP also has a 3 bedroom unit at Pine Cove, unit #102. www.sanibel.cc

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island