We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

Anyone fly in or out of it yet?

All comments welcome...

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

Hope you get an answer as I'm curious myself. remember to [bump] to keep it on page 1

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

The News-Press has extensive coverage of it, including lots of user feedback. Sounds like quite a few glitches that are being ironed out, but overall a positive change. Couldn't be any worse than the old one, certainly. Check out news-press.com.

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

islandkitty, I really never had any problems with the old terminal...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

Not sure just what information you may be looking for, but my son and daughter-in-law flew down to Sanibel over the weekend and they deplaned and reboarded in the new terminal. I asked them "how was it?" and they replied that it was just like any other experience they have had at the Fort Myers airport....They did comment on the new rental car arrangement which they seem to have found more convenient than previously.

New York
Level Contributor
340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

GrandmaMac, I was just looking for general opinions and observations...

London
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

Does anyone know if any airlines will be offering flights from the UK to Fort Myers now that there is a new terminal?

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

This is a guess here, but the length of the runways are what determine the aircraft that can land at an airport. I have never seen any widebody transcontinental aircraft there. The runways are fairly short compared with airports that handle large aircraft, like Tampa and Orlando.

London
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

I heard that there are a couple of airlines that are flying in direct/non-stop from Germany.

Sanibel Island, FL
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

Lots of info about the new airport at bestofsanibelcaptiva.com forum.

I flew into it a week ago; honestly couldn't tell I was in a new airport on the concourse, except for new monitors. The central section is prettier. I don't honestly think they're through decorating. Rental cars are now across the street, in the first level of a parking garage. No more buses.

-LM

Sanibel Island, FL
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How's The New Airport Terminal in Ft. Myers?

P.S. Kayels, the answer is probably ! Many new airlines are coming in, as we expanded with more gates. :-)

LM